The Siren Eyes makeup trend has taken the beauty world by storm. This look, which originated on TikTok, is all about creating a dramatic, winged liner look that’s both soft and smudgy. It’s a modern take on the classic cat-eye, with a twist that adds a touch of mystique and allure.
Origins of the Siren Eyes Makeup
The term “Siren Eyes” is a relatively new term coined by the TikTok community. However, the concept behind it has been around for decades. The look is inspired by the mythical sirens of ancient Greek mythology, who were known for their enchanting beauty and irresistible allure. The siren eyes makeup look aims to emulate this captivating charm, with its dramatic, elongated winged liner that’s reminiscent of a siren’s mesmerizing gaze.
The trend took off in the summer of 2022 and quickly established itself as one of the year’s biggest makeup trends. Unlike other trends that fizzle out quickly, the siren eyes look has proven to be a timeless style that continues to captivate makeup enthusiasts.
What You Need:
- Eye Primer: This will ensure your makeup stays put all day.
- Eyeshadow Palette: Choose a palette with both light and dark shades to create depth and intensity.
- Fluffy Makeup Brush: This is essential for applying and blending your eyeshadow.
- Dense Shadow Brush: This will be used to blend your eyeliner into your lash lines.
- Pencil Liner: Opt for a pencil liner for a softer, more smudged look.
- Liquid Liner: Choose a liquid liner for a more defined, dramatic line.
- Mascara: This will emphasize the elongated shape of your eyes.
- Fake Eyelashes or Magnetic Lashes (Optional): These can be used to amp up your look and make your eyes the focal point.
- Eyelash Curler (Optional): This tool can help to lift your lashes and make your eyes appear larger.
- Eyelash Glue (If using fake eyelashes): This will secure your fake lashes in place.
- White or Nude Liner (Optional): This can be used on your waterline to make your eyes appear larger.
- Metallic Liner (Optional): This can add a pop of color to your inner corners.
- Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion. This primer is renowned for its ability to keep eyeshadow in place all day.
- Eyeshadow Palette: Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette. This palette offers a range of both light and dark shades, perfect for creating the Siren Eyes look.
- Fluffy Makeup Brush: MAC 217 Blending Brush. This brush is perfect for applying and blending eyeshadow.
- Dense Shadow Brush: Sigma E20 Short Shader Brush. This brush is great for blending eyeliner into your lash lines.
- Pencil Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. This pencil liner is known for its smooth application and long-lasting formula.
- Liquid Liner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. This liquid liner is highly pigmented and has a precision tip for creating defined lines.
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This mascara is known for its volumizing and lengthening effect.
- Fake Eyelashes: Ardell Demi Wispies. These lashes are lightweight and blend seamlessly with your natural lashes.
- Magnetic Lashes: Glamnetic Venus Lash. These magnetic lashes are easy to apply and give a dramatic effect.
- White or Nude Liner: Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liner. This liner is highly pigmented and long-lasting.
- Metallic Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Goldmine. This metallic liner can add a pop of color to your inner corners.
Step-by-Step Tutorial to Achieve the Siren Eyes Look:
1. Creating the Base of Your Eye Look
Start by priming your eyelids with an eye primer to ensure your makeup stays put all day. Next, grab your eyeshadow palette and a fluffy makeup brush. Begin by applying a lighter shade of eyeshadow all over your eyelid as a base. This will help the darker shades blend more easily. Then, using a darker shade, create a long, outward shape along your upper and lower lash lines. This should resemble a “V” shape on your outer corners. The key here is to blend well to avoid any harsh lines. This will intensify the look and give it depth.
2. Tracing the Wing with Eyeliner
The angle of the wing you draw is more important than the product you use. Instead of extending the lash line from your upper eyelid, extend the line from your bottom water line for a lower flick that brings the eye out rather than up. This will give your eyes a more elongated, siren-like shape. You can use a pencil liner for a softer look or a liquid liner for a more defined line.
3. Connecting the Flick into Your Lashes
If you used a pencil liner, blend the line into your upper and lower lash lines with a dense shadow brush to connect the wing to your eye. This will create a seamless transition between your eyeliner and eyeshadow. If you used liquid liner, continue the line onto your lash line and taper it off toward the center of your eyelid. This will give your eyes a more dramatic, cat-eye effect.
4. Defining Your Inner Corners
Grab your eyeliner of choice and trace the water line on your inner corners. This step is crucial as it defines the shape of your eyes and makes them appear larger. Focusing on the corners and keeping the liner thin on the middle of the lids really elongates the shape. You can use a white or nude liner for a more natural look or a metallic liner for a pop of color.
5. Finishing with Mascara
The final step in achieving the Siren Eyes look is to load up your outer lashes with mascara. This will emphasize the elongated shape you just created. Start at the base of your lashes and wiggle the mascara wand up to the tips for maximum volume. Or, really amp up your look with a set of fake eyelashes or magnetic lashes. These will give your eyes an extra dramatic effect and make them the focal point of your look.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it right the first time. Keep practicing and experimenting with different products and techniques until you find what works best for you. Happy makeup-ing!
What does “siren eyes” mean?
“Siren eyes” is a term that refers to the popular winged liner look that’s both soft and smudgy. It gives the illusion of a narrow and elongated cat-eye shape.
How do you get siren eyes?
The siren eyes look is achieved by creating a dramatic, winged liner look that’s both soft and smudgy. The key is to create a long, outward shape along your upper and lower lash lines using eyeshadow and eyeliner.
- Maybelline’s Siren Eyes Tutorial
- Allure’s Take on Siren Eyes Trend
- Cosmopolitan’s Breakdown of Siren Eyes
This tutorial is a comprehensive guide to mastering the Siren Eyes makeup trend. Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t be discouraged if you don’t get it right the first time. Keep practicing, and soon you’ll be able to create the perfect Siren Eyes look.
If you are interested in even more makeup-related articles and information from us here at Makeup By Kili, then we have a lot to choose from.